Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Making New Memories


Making New Memories
Day 312 from GriefShare Daily Devotional Emails

“As you move forward on your journey, you create new memories each day. Enjoy the good memories of the past, but be aware of the new memories that occur daily.”

Today a friend called me on the spur of the moment and asked if I wanted to go and watch a mutual friend’s children ride in 4H competition.  I immediately said yes as I remembered the above words I had just finished reading on Day 312 of Through a Season of Grief daily devotional emails. 

I have been just a bit concerned because a year later most the memories I have of Byron are when he was in the hospital.  Now granted over the previous year and a half he was in the hospital a lot.  But I would like to start remembering Byron when he was somewhat healthy and not in the hospital. 

Remembering Good Memories
Day 311


”Flashbacks and reruns of disturbing memories can be exhausting. For those in grief, the memories can hit you unexpectedly. Time will fade the bad memories, but be sure to make a conscious effort to remember the good.”

So I plan to make a conscious effort to remember Byron when he was not in the hospital.  

No comments:

Post a Comment